DILEMMA OF OBEDIENCE”
Directions: Answer the following
questions based on the reading "The Dilemma of Obedience" by Stanley Milgram.
Be sure to write complete sentences and to use your own words.
- What was the main purpose of Milgram's experiment?
- At what point in the experiment does the subject, or
teacher, begin to experience conflict?
- There is only one way in which the subject can
resolve this conflict. What is that way?
- What is the most important finding of Milgram's
- Explain the statement, "For him, the human agent
had faded from the picture, and 'The Experiment' had acquired an
impersonal momentum of its own."
- According to Milgram, obedience is not completely
psychological. What other factor(s) lead to blind obedience of authority?
- In light of Milgram's findings, explain the
significance of Orwell's quote at the end of the article.